Skip to Main Content

Theses and Dissertations Guide: Requesting Bound Copies

Everything you need to know about submitting a thesis or dissertation at the University of Dayton.

Need Help?



Or call:

937-229-2345 (phone)

Requesting Bound Copies of Your Thesis or Dissertation


Library Copies

Roesch Library and the University Archives no longer keep paper copies (bound or unbound) of theses or dissertations. Access to these papers will be provided electronically via the library catalog, the OhioLINK catalog, and the OhioLINK ETD Center. Manuscripts submitted to the OhioLINK ETD Center are electronically archived.


Personal & Departmental Copies 

Although your official thesis or dissertation will be submitted electronically, some schools and departments may still require a bound copy. Students should check with their departments to see if a thesis or dissertation needs to be bound for the school or department. If you are submitting paper copies to be bound, please make sure a copy of the Graduate Academic Affairs-approved signature page is included.

Graduate Academic Affairs will facilitate the professional binding of personal and departmental copies. Three copies may be bound at no additional charge as part of your graduation fee. There will be a nominal fee for each additional bound copy. Contact Graduate Academic Affairs for the bindery's scheduled dates for campus pickups and deliveries of bound theses and dissertations.  Note:  The student is responsible for supplying a paper copy for each bound copy requested.  Paper copies submitted for binding must be single-sided.

More information can be found on the following tabs: For Students in the College, For Engineering Students, and For Education Students.

chat loading...