Welcome to the University of Dayton Libraries' guide to HSS 448 - Safety & Law in Sport, Fitness & Exercise. Click on the tabs to explore the many resources available to support the research requirements for this course.
- Legal Definitions & Examples: A selection of sport-related topics in law, with citations for relevant encyclopedia entries.
- Background Information: Books and encyclopedias for high-level understanding of sports law. This section also includes some suggested Subject Headings for finding other books and documents.
- Find Articles & Cases: A selection of law and sport science databases, with selected journals and titles specifically focused on case law. Also includes instructions on using Google Scholar for case searches.
- Mock Trial Information: Includes greater detail on what goes on in a court trial, with resources for constructing opening and closing arguments, witness examination, and a wide array of sample cases.
- Citation Management: A brief example of the Bluebook legal citation style for court cases, with links to in-depth explanations.
If you have any comments or suggestions for content on this page, or if you're having difficulty accessing any of the content, please contact your librarian!