Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Circulation policy for Kindles
Current University of Dayton students, faculty, and staff are able to check out a Kindle from the circulation desk at Roesch Library. There are four (4) Kindles that are available for check out. Content has been pre-loaded on the Kindles and can be found in the Libraries’ Catalog. You may request one new title by using the Kindle title request form. Please see below for a list of Kindle policies.
- Only current University of Dayton faculty, staff, and students may check out Kindles.
- Kindles circulate for two weeks and may not be renewed.
- Patrons may request a title be loaded onto a Kindle. There is currently a $50 price cap for Kindle books. You will be notified when the Kindle is ready to be picked up. New titles are not loaded on Kindles at the Circulation Desk. We do not purchase or load textbooks onto Kindles.
- Return the Kindle to the circulation desk where you checked it out.
- Do not pile other books or materials on the Kindle. This may damage the screen.
- Anything you saved to the Kindle will be deleted when it is returned.
- Late fees are $10.00 per day. There is no grace period. Charges will be based on the cost of the Kindle plus fines and processing fees.
- You are responsible for any damage done to the Kindle while it is checked out to you, and will be charged a damage fee based on the damage up to the cost of replacement. Also, you will be charged the replacement fee if a Kindle is reported missing or stolen while checked out to your account.