University of Dayton Honor Pledge
I understand that as a student of the University of Dayton, I am a member of our academic and social community. I recognize the importance of my education and the value of experiencing life in such an integrated community. I believe that the value of my education and degree is critically dependent upon the academic integrity of the university community, and so in order to maintain our academic integrity, I pledge to
- complete all assignments and examinations by the guidelines given to me by my instructors
- avoid plagiarism and any other form of misrepresenting someone else's work as my own
- adhere to the Standards of Conduct as outlined in the Academic Honor Code.
In doing this, I hold myself and my community to a higher standard of excellence and set an example for my peers to follow.
Source: 2011 Undergraduate Bulletin
About this Guide
This guide is intended to assist faculty in promoting and teaching academic integrity and more specifically, issues associated wtih plagiarism. Content includes
- videos and tutorials on plagiarism and citation styles
- links to interactive games and quizzes
- library and campus resources
Faculty members are welcome to embed these resources in their syllabi or on their Isidore sites. Not sure how to do so? Librarians at Roesch Library are happy to assist you.
The link for this resource guide is http://libguides.udayton.edu/teachacademicintegrity